Tennesseans: Take Control of Your Healthcare at HealthCare.gov
At the end of June the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services launched Healthcare.gov, “the first website to collect both public and private health insurance options across the nation in a single place.” It’s a one-stop website to find our tons of info to find insurance options, get prevention tips, compare care quality, and understand the entirety of the law.
Healthcare.gov is easily navigable and will help you to sift through, based on your needs and prior insurance history, all the options available to you in Tennessee.
• Healthcare by category i.e. families with children, individuals, seniors, employers, young adults, and people with disabilities.
• State specific info on the new Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP), which can make health coverage available if you have been denied because of a pre-existing condition.
• Extensive information about your rights as a consumer
• How to navigate the health insurance marketplace
• How the Affordable Care Act can help you
• A “Learn about Prevention” section to help learn how to stay healthy
• Option on all pages to submit feedback
Check it out. It runs very smoothly and has a lot of good info.