Voter Registration & Mobilization Training Held on Saturday
Last Saturday morning, 40+ activists from a diverse array of Nashville organizations along with many concerned citizens attended a Voter Registration and Mobilization Training at the Tennessee Citizen Action office.
Hedy Weinberg, executive director of ACLU – TN, spoke about complying with the new law which requires voters to have a government-issued photo ID to vote. Mary Mancini, executive director of TN Citizen Action, spoke about voter registration best practices and using civic engagement to build a movement.
This is the first in a series of regular trainings that will be held in Davidson County starting in July and continuing throughout the summer.
Topics for future trainings:
- Voter Registration Ins & Outs
- Best Practices for Holding a Voter Registration Drive or Event
- Complying with the Photo ID Law
- Best Practices for Helping Voters Obtain a Photo ID to Vote
Movement Building, Part 1
- Best practices for registering voters
- Best practices for canvassing
- Phone banking best practices
- Best practices for giving rides to the polls
Movement Building, Part 2
- Election Protection
- GOTV – Getting Out the Vote
Dates & locations of trainings to be announced shortly.
NOTE: If you are aware of any resources in the Davidson County area (i.e. rides to the polls, voter reg events, etc) or any organizations that are preparing to do this work, please let us know at 615-736-6040 or firstname.lastname@example.org.